Waiting in Line


Hope everyone had a great Mother’s Day! I was happy to get to chat with my mum on the phone this morning but it made me want to visit even more! ❤ This photo was taken when I was 5 years old with my late Aunt Jo, my mum, and my sister. Aren’t we just the cutest things in our hats and boots!


It is still such a strange feeling waking up without the slightest bit of hunger. I eat out of habit. Today I made toasted Dave’s Killer Good Seed Lite bread with Adam’s Natural chunky peanut butter, huckleberry jam on one, ginger Meyer lemon preserves on the other, and both topped with banana. Washed down with a mug of ice cold milk of course!

Instead of hitting the gym soon after, I had to sit around and wait in line for my chance to chat with my mother. =P She’s an awfully important lady on Mother’s Day! Around 11am she got off the phone with my sister and gave me a ring. ^_^ I hope she had a great day, though I wish I’d been there to make it even better.

After my phone call I hit the gym for a 60 minute hill stationary bike ride. Man was it stuffy in the gym. When my time was up I was relieved and out the door and into the shower in record time.


I was surprised to find that it was already after 1pm once I was clean and dressed. This no appetite thing is really messing with me. Instead of feeling hunger I end up feeling sick before I realize I need to eat something. I hurriedly ate an unpictured baggie of trail mix hoping it would tide me over so I could make something good…but it did not.

To combat my sudden weakness and overall ill feeling I quickly fixed up a bowl of Quaker Oatmeal Squares, banana, craisins, and toasted almonds. It made the ill feeling stop getting worse…but it didn’t make it go away.


Next on my to do list was make a batch of really simple cookies for my Experimental Foods project. These ones had half of the butter called for replaced with applesauce to lower the fat content. I ended up eating one (in the name of science!) to see how they were. My stomach rolled over and my next move was to take a nap on the couch until the queasiness passed. Apparently it did not want not so great cookies.


For dinner around 7pm I forced down a bowl of savory bean and spinach soup. The soup really is pretty decent it just never sounds appealing to me. Still, with each spoonful I take in I know I need to eat it.


Dessert was a Jo’s Salted Dark Chocolate Caramel. ❤ This is seriously my favorite chocolate! I need to start buying more than one when I go to World Import. ~.^

Well I’ve got two quizzes I need to study for and laundry to fold. Hope you all had a great weekend and have an even better week!


One thought on “Waiting in Line

  1. Such a cute picture of you with your family! Love looking at old photos from when I was little 🙂 Anddd I love that plate you used for breakfast!

    Yes, I am moving all by myself. I know – craziness. I never really thought of it as something brave that I was doing, just something that I WANTED to do, but everyone keeps telling me how brave I must be – so I’ll take it! 😉 I’m not one to just stick around in one place, I want to see as much of the world and country as possible, so I’m sure I’ll be making a lot of moves in the future! Here’s to the first!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s